When optimizing a web-page for search engines (SEO), you will want to edit your page’s search settings. In the Edit Page Settings window, you can enter a page’s title, keywords, and description - advanced users may know these as meta-tags or meta-data. While this data doesn’t display on your web page, search engines use it to determine what a page is about. Also, the title and description text display on a search engine’s results page (see below).
To edit Search Settings:
- Navigate to the Site Editor.
- Mouse over your site and from the Main Navigation bar, select the page that you would like to edit the search settings for.
- After you have navigated to the desired page. Click Page Settings at the top of the page and choose Search Settings edit the search settings.
- Once you click on the Search Settings for your page, it will take you to the Edit Page Settings screen - the search settings will display on this screen.
- vFlyer Sites auto-populates this content, but it is not necessarily optimized for your keywords. Uncheck the “Automatically populate my page meta information” box to edit the contents of these fields.
- Once you have made these changes, click Save & Close at the top of the window. Re-publish your website by clicking the green Publish button at the top of the Site Editor.