Make it easy for your site visitors to “Like” your Facebook profile by adding a Facebook Like Module to your site.
- To get started, follow these directions to add a module.
- Click the Social Media tab along the left-hand side of the Add a Module screen and select Facebook Like.
- In a different browser tab, open the Facebook page you would like to link to and copy the URL. An example of a URL can be seen here:
- Next, paste the URL into the Facebook Page URL field. You can customize the appearance of the module by specifying the size of the button or choosing different appearance options. Make sure to name your module before adding it to your site. Click Save & Close to add your Facebook Like module. (If you see a red box that reads, "Could not retrieve id for the specified page. Please verify correct href was passed in." Make sure you are entering a Facebook Page URL, and not a Facebook Profile URL. If you've accidentally created a Profile instead of a Page for your business, click here to find out about converting your Profile to a Page.)
- The module will automatically pull information like Fan names, pictures, and status updates from the Facebook page you linked to. After the Facebook Like module is added, you can change the content by mousing over the module in the Site Editor and clicking the Pencil Icon in the editing toolbar. When you are done editing, click Save & Close.
NOTE: To display content in your Facebook module regardless of whether a site visitor is logged into Facebook or not, you'll need to set the age restrictions on your Facebook page to "Anyone (13+)". To do this, log into Facebook, go to your page, click the Edit Page button, choose "Anyone (13+)" from the Age Restrictions drop-down menu, and click Save Changes. For more information, take a look at this help article from Facebook.