The Web is a big place, and one of the great innovations of the last few years is that there are now hundreds, maybe thousands, of websites where you can create a profile and have an instant online presence. That’s all well and good, but even with the proliferation of online channels in which to promote yourself or your business, it’s still essential to have a hub, an anchor point, for yourself or your business on the Internet. The best way to do this is to create a website.
Websites offer several distinct benefits:
- They are multifunctional. In other words, you can use them to update subscribers with news, as lead generation tools, as points of purchase, as media repositories... for just about any purpose.
- Websites are a sign of professionalism and lend credibility to a business. When prospective customers see that a business has a website (and an attractive, current one at that), they're more likely to become real customers of that business.
- Web addresses are usually easier to remember than phone numbers or physical addresses.
- Websites make it easier to capture information about prospective customers than other media.
- If you build your own website, you can control how it looks and functions. Simply creating a Facebook Page, for instance, doesn’t give you this level of flexibility and control.
Why not just blog?
Blogs are a great way for companies and individuals to keep followers updated on the latest news. For a business, a blog offers a direct, immediate channel to reach current and future customers, generate interest, and build trust and loyalty. And perhaps the best part about blogs is that they tend to be exceedingly easy to use; simply create a new post, say what you want to say, and publish. That’s it.
While blogs are easy to use and effective in getting a message out, they also have their limitations. Posts are arranged in chronological order and there are often restrictions on how much you can change the layout and arrangement of content. Older posts are typically hidden from the blog homepage and only accessible through keyword searches or browsing the blog archive.
With vFlyer Sites, we bring the simplicity and immediacy of a blog platform to website creation and management. Now anyone with a computer and an Internet connection can create a professional, multifunctional, customized website for their business. This help center contains useful articles and videos to help you learn how to use vSites and create the best possible website for your business.