Note: You will need a Google account to be able to use Google Analytics. You can learn more about Google accounts and sign up for one by visiting this Google help page.
1. In your Google Analytics account, enter the URL of your vMarketing Account Profile. This should look something like "demo.vflyer.com". We don't currently support Flyer-level tracking; Google will handle that eventually. Setting up account-level tracking will automatically set the tracking in all the Flyer pages as well. Make sure that http:// is selected from the drop-down menu. Then select time zone country or territory and your time zone and click Continue.
Note: If you have more than one vMarketing account (or have an existing Google Analytics account) and you want to use Google Analytics on your other Account Profiles, you can create a new Google Analytics account by selecting Create New Account from the drop-down menu labeled My Analytics Accounts. Then follow the steps outlined here. Do this for each of your vMarketing accounts.
2. Enter your last name, first name, phone number, and country of residence and click Continue.
3. Read the User Agreement. If you accept the terms, check the box labeled, "Yes, I agree to the above terms and conditions." Then click Create New Account.
4. The next page will provide you with the code for your Google Analytics. Copy this code and email it to [email protected] We only need the number surrounded by the red box below but you can send us the entire code if you choose. Back in your Google Analytics account, click Continue.
5. On the Analytics Settings page, click Edit in the Settings column.
6. Click Edit in the top right corner of the box shown.
7. On the following page, in the Default Page field, enter the portion of your vMarketing Account Profile URL that begins with "home". For example, "home/Listing.jsp?acctId=386316". Click Save Changes. (You can access your Account Profile URL by clicking the Post your Flyer quickly & easily link in the Flyer Dashboard on your account homepage. It will be labeled "Link to your Gallery.")
8. To access your Google Analytics data, click either of the links labeled Analytics Settings. On the following page, click View Reports to view the data on your vMarketing account. Data will not be available until the next day.
If you have any questions, email [email protected] or visit Google Analytics Help: http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/?hl=en_US.